Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Welcome to this new column from Roberto Roganti

 


"The Classic Month" aims to introduce you to classical music through the biography and works of each composer. Each month will be dedicated to an author: the biography and four passages with related explanations (sometimes difficult to find), so that you can read, understand, listen and meditate ...

I intend to attract newbies, interested, curious, and experts to classical music to make sure that anyone can enjoy this vast musical genre. Perhaps that is the first musical source of man and the basin where almost everyone has dipped their hands. Not only will I let you listen to the music, but where possible, I will let you read the information that explains it to you, not from my bag, but from texts by great experts. I will also try NOT to make you feel the best-known works, but the lesser-known and nonetheless still valid ones. Every month I will propose to you, as I have already said, a composer, preferring the symphonic section, the one that I consider the most complete to understand the classical man's soul and musicality.

I will follow a precise path. I have a vademecum that I care about like myself, from which I extrapolate the essential information and draw the names I want to propose in alphabetical order.

In short, the Classic Month ... I hope you will like it.